What is Company Secretary?
Company Secretary is one of the top posts in a company. He/She act as a conscience seeker of the company. A CS is hired to handle the legal aspects of a firm.
He/She is responsible for completing the company’s tax returns, keeping records, advising the board of directors and ensuring that the company compiles with statuary and legal regulations.
- What is Company Secretary?
- Company Secretary Eligibility Criteria
- Company Secretary Entrance Exams
- Company Secretary Skill set
- Company Secretary Courses and Specialisation
- Company Secretary Course Fee structure
- Concession in CSEET registration fee will be applicable as mentioned :
- CS executive courses fee“This Could Become Chernobyl on Steroids”: Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen on Japan’s Growing Nuclear Crisis | Democracy Now! dbol steroid pills for sale what is the “anabolic window” and is it really that important to my progress? – everyday welln
- CS professional Courses fees (after completing executive programme)
- Company Secretary Examination fee
- Company Secretary Job Opportunities
- Company Secretary Career Options
- Salary Offered to CS Certificate Holder
- FAQ related to Company Secretary Course
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the only recognized body to regulate and develop the profession of Company Secretary. There are more than 50,000 members and about 4,00,000 students on the rolls of ICSI.
The ICSI provide training to the candidates to pursue CS . The institute conducts its CS program at the three levels and they were
- Foundation program
- Executive program
- Professional program
Company Secretary Eligibility Criteria
Any student who wishes to become a certified company secretary must fulfil the given below eligibility criteria:
- Minimum qualification is required to register for the first level of Company Secretary Course is to pass class 12th in any stream (except fine arts) from a recognized university.
- The candidate who wants to pursue CS after graduation will have to undergo two levels: Executive Programme and Professional Programme.
Before reading further check out these posts too:
Company Secretary Entrance Exams
- The exams of the Company Secretary program are conducted bi-annually in June and December. Candidates can apply according to their choice of the month.
- The candidates who wish to appear for the foundation program examination in December (same year) must be enrolled by March 31 and those who wish to appear in the June exam next year must enroll themselves by September 30.
- In case, if any candidate must want to appear in a single module in the June examination next year, they must enroll themselves in the Executive Programme by November 30.
- A candidate declared to have passed the Foundation/Executive/Professional examination if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects.
Company Secretary Skill set
CS job requires perseverance, strong convincing power and mental health.
Some of the desirable skillset are mentioned below :
|Expertise in |
|Command over written and |
|Competent with numbers||Meticulous |
Company Secretary Courses and Specialisation
This course is a corporate professional course. The foundation course involves the business environment, management, communication, entrepreneurship, economics, ethics, and accounting.
The CS executive comprises company law, tax law, general law, commercial law, securities law, accounts, and practice.
In the final level, candidates are taught regarding secretarial practices, financial and treasury management. Then in the final module of the program, candidates can choose one specialization Banking law and practice, capital, commodity and money market, insurance law and practice, intellectual property rights – law and practice, international business – laws and practices.
Company Secretary Course Fee structure
The CS Course fee structure is given below:
CS Executive Entrance Test fees
|Rs 1000 per appearance|
Concession in CSEET registration fee will be applicable as mentioned :
|Wards or Widows of Martyrs/Defence Service Personnel with Permanent Disability||100%|
|Serving/Retired Personnel of Defence services and paramilitary services||50%|
|ICSI staff or their wards or the spouse of ICSI staff||75%|
|ICLS officers or officers and staff of MCA and affiliated offices such as (NCLT, SFIO, and CCI)||100%|
|Students from northeastern states, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Himachal Pradesh||50%|
|Students from Union Territories – Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh||100%|
CS executive courses fee“This Could Become Chernobyl on Steroids”: Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen on Japan’s Growing Nuclear Crisis | Democracy Now! dbol steroid pills for sale what is the “anabolic window” and is it really that important to my progress? – everyday welln
|Particulars||CS Executive Entrance Test||CS Foundation Programme||Final |
Course of ICAI
|CSEET Exemption fee||Nil||Nil||5000||5000|
|Pre – Exam test fee||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|One day orientation program||600||600||600||600|
|Chartered Secretary Journal Subscription |
(optional) for one year
|Total fees||Rs 10,600||Rs 10,600||Rs|
CS professional Courses fees (after completing executive programme)
|Education fee||Rs 12000|
|Pre-exam test fee||Rs 1000|
|Total fee||Rs 13000|
Company Secretary Examination fee
|Executive||Rs 1200 per module|
|Professional||Rs 1200 per module|
Company Secretary Job Opportunities
- Foreign Collaborations and Joint Ventures
- Legal, Secretarial, and Corporate Governance
- Project Planning
- Capital Market and Investor Relations • Corporate Advisory Services
- Corporate Restructuring
Company Secretary Career Options
- Assistant Manager
- Bank and building societies
- Employer’s cooperatives
- Housing Associations
- Insurance companies
- Investment sectors
- Trade bodies
Salary Offered to CS Certificate Holder
Freshers can earn salaries around 6lakh – 15lakh annually. With growing experience, your salary will increase based on your skillset and talent.
FAQ related to Company Secretary Course
Yes, it is a good career option for the long term. After completing CS there are multiple career prospects one can look upon.
In CS mostly papers are theoretical which makes it the most difficult course for some students. If prepared well candidates can definately cracked the exam.
No, there is no age limit to pursue the course. Any candidate can pursue the course as per their convenience.
For CS executive, 10 attempts are allowed. Flr CS foundation programme , 6 attempts are allowed while 10 attempts are allowed for CS profession programme.
Candidates cannot pursue CA and CS courses together . Candidates must pursue one course at a time to avoid any hassle
The starting salary of CS is Rs.3 lakh per annum and Rs.6 lakh per level of mid – level entry.
CS is much easier as compared to CA which has been referred to as the toughest course in India. The CA course is easy to enter but tough to exit. While the CS is also not easy but not as tough as CA