Chartered accountancy has been the most premium field of study for commerce graduates. Many years ago, it was a prestigious choice but nowadays it is chosen by every second commerce graduate.
It not only covers business and financial aspects of organization but recently its scope has increased up to investment banking. Some of its charms are lost due to the up-gradation of another field of education. No doubt it has a high pay scale but the profession focuses on students in mugging up all the materials rather than practical skill and knowledge. Even the three years article ship becomes an extra workload along with examination preparation.
Keeping aside all negative aspects of chartered accountancy it has the most crucial importance in the world. Chartered accountancy is a specialized route of commerce having a wide array of options to pursue. It is regarded as one of the high paying professionals in India.
Though the journey of becoming one is very challenging a promising one. It offers a lucrative source of income with maintaining financial strategies and intricate business transactions.
CA Foundation is the first level examination which is known as Common Proficiency Test and is more or less difficult. Students who like to sit for the CA Foundation examination should clear higher secondary examinations at first which is the minimum eligibility for the exam.
Registration can be done from class 10 itself but only after class 12, they can sit for the exam.
There are important dates for CA Foundation Examination. Registration closes by December for the May/June batch and for Nov/Dec batch it closes by June.
Students must remember the dates before preparation otherwise there will be a lack of 6months.registration of the exam remains valid for 3years and can attend 6times. If students fail in all 6 attempts then they have to re-register by paying the fresh amount of fees. The fees vary from year to year.
Only those students who have cleared the higher secondary examination or class 12 boards from a recognized board and institution are eligible to sit for the exam.
Registration for CA Foundation in ICAI 2022
There are no criteria for any stream to pursue chartered accountancy. People coming from any background can try until they pass out.
Steps for Registration for CA Foundation by the students
A student applying for registration for CA Foundation has to go for online mode because there is no offline procedure for the same. one has to be very careful while uploading the details as every correction afterwards will result into additional cost.
1. Opening of website of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
In order to get registered , first open the website www.icai.org in any web browser.
2. Second step would be to click on the icon appearing as “Student’s tab” on the page opened and click on the registration menu. This will open the registration form wherein the student will enter into Application form for Registration to Foundation option.
3. After clicking on this button, click on the new user button if you are a new candidate i.e. CA Registration first time link and for existing user, click on the respective link.
4. After clicking the Registration option, following details are required to be filled up by the students-
– Date of birth
-Aadhar Card no
– email id and phone no
5. After verification of the basic details, the student is guided for the next step, wherein Generate OTP button will appear. After clicking on the same a captcha code appears and the student needs to enter in the box provided and click on the submit button.
This OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. The validation of the OTP has to be done by the student.
6. a confirmation message will appear. Read and click on the button “OK”. After this the profile gets created mentioning User Id and Password. The student is required to update the pending details using these details.
Log in to the account using this user id and password. Then click on the student cycle option and click on the option” Apply for foundation”.
Details are required to be filled by the student and documents are required to be uploaded-
Following documents are required for registration process
– Passport Size Photograph
– Attested copy of Marksheet of 10th Class and 12th Standard Admit Card
– Scanned images of signature
– Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ ST/ OBC/ Differently abled etc
7. After filling in the details the students is asked to make the payment, which is called registration fees and then online brochure fees etc.
The Registration Fees for appearing in CA Foundation is as follows
CA Foundation 2021 fees schedule- Category wise
|Fees Category||For Indian Nationals (Rs)||For Foreign Students (USD)|
|Cost of Foundation Prospectus||Rs 200/-||20|
|Foundation Registration Fee||Rs 9000/-||700|
|Subscription for student’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||Rs 200/-||20|
|Subscription for member’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||Rs 400/-||40|
After entering the fees amount, click on the next button
8. After this, another screen will appear which will include the Payment options
Several payment methods can be utilized to pay the registration fees for CA Foundation Examination. The registration fees 2021 can be paid using online means.
Candidates need to pay the fees using any payment methods such as Master/ Visa/ Maestro Credit/ Debit/ Rupay/ Net Banking mode etc.
9. After making the payment, a PDF file is generated, which will include details and registration number
10. The student will take the print out of this PDF File. After taking the print out, you need to paste the passport size photograph and sign it. However if the student has already included the passport size photograph in the online mode, then he need not to submit again.
11. This pdf file including photograph and signature will be sent to the regional centre office of the Institute within 07 days of the registration
12. The student will get the registration certificate within 01 month after the procedure.
The documents which are needed for the registration are-
- Admit card issued by the Board of Institution
- Passport size photograph of the candidate
- Proof of nationality like a passport for NRI students
- For differently able children, a special attested certificate
- Class 10 mark sheet
Registration Fees for the Foundation Exam are as follows–
|Details of Fee||For Indian Nationals(Rs)||For Foreign Students($)|
|Cost of Foundation Prospectus||200||20|
|Subscription for member’s Journal||400||40|
The candidate will only receive the admit card after the completion of payment.
Once the registration gets completed for the CA Foundation examination a letter will be given to each of the candidates. This letter is necessary to carry in the examination hall as a substitute for admit card in case it gets lost. It can be downloaded from the ICAI.org.in website safely.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India provides a time limit of 4months to all the members for preparation of the foundation syllabus.
- Clearing the examination in a single attempt is essential but people can take the next attempt as well.
- Carry the important documents before entering the examination hall
All the exams in the foundation course must be attended by the students where the minimum percentage is 40% in each subject and an overall aggregate of 50% is required. The examination consists of both subjective and objective questions.
There are a total of four papers in the CA Foundation Examination.
- Principles and practice of accounting
- Business laws
- Business mathematics and statistics
- Business economics and commercial knowledge
Before reading further check out these posts:
Variants of Examination
CA Foundation requires a lot of hard work into the subjective questions but nothing is impossible if people try and put their correct efforts into it.
Most of the syllabuses are similar to the class 12 commerce syllabus. Each paper of the examination consists of full 100 marks and approximately 3 hours of time is given.
It is available both in English and Hindi for the convenience of the students. There is a scheme of negative marking where 025 will be deducted extra for each question.
First objective type questions must be attempted as they bring the maximum score. Presentation of the answer sheet also brings a good impact to the teacher who checks.
The practice of the mock papers and taking online tests helps a lot. It’s not about mugging up from the whole book. Students should apply their intelligence in writing and think analytically.
Preparation of short notes can help in memorizing the keywords. Calculators are also allowed in the examinations which have helped the students in solving complex problems.
There are certain topics that the students love but certain subjects scare away the students. To clear a professional exam it is necessary to understand every intricate topic very carefully because questions can come from any part. Taking breaks in between the exams are also crucial to give a deserving rest to the brain.
Otherwise, students will feel stressed out and reduce efficiency. Mugging up everything will not help because it demands students who can write on their own using their knowledge, not the bookish knowledge. So planning accordingly will help in reaching the goal.